client: recover from a killed session (w/ blacklist)
The client_reconnect_stale config option no longer works because the blacklist/eviction logic changed significantly since it was introduced.
One option for a more robust solution is to create a new configuration option that allows the client to acquire a new cluster id (client.1234...), reconnect to the MDSs, and re-acquire all caps. In-flight ops should be retried. Cached reads and buffered writes should be dropped. Open file handles should return EIO.
#9 Updated by Patrick Donnelly 2 months ago
- Subject changed from mds: allow client reconnect while up:active to client: recover from a killed session (w/ blacklist)
- Description updated (diff)
- Target version set to v14.0.0
- Start date deleted (
- Source set to Development
- Component(FS) Client, kceph added
- Labels (FS) task(medium) added
I'm going to suggest attacking this problem from the other direction.