ceph Resource Agent does not work with systemd
I have been told by people more knowledgeable than myself that the ceph Resource Agent (RA), which we are currently packaging in ceph-resource-agents, wraps the ceph sysvinit script. The idea being that one could have Pacemaker managing OSDs, MONs and MDSes.
Leaving aside the question of why one would want to run Ceph under Pacemaker, the ceph RA in its current form will not work with systemd unit files and hence should not be packaged on systemd platforms.
Yeah. With the systemd unit files, there's no point bothering with the wrapper RAs - pacemaker is quite capable of managing systemd services directly, so even changing the wrapper to wrap the systemd services would be pointless. It should be dropped.
- Status changed from New to Need Review
- Tracker changed from Bug to Fix
- Status changed from Need Review to Resolved
- Backport deleted (
I keep forgetting that upstream hammer doesn't know about systemd.
- Status changed from Resolved to Pending Backport
- Backport set to jewel
- Copied to Backport #16461: jewel: ceph Resource Agent does not work with systemd added
- Status changed from Pending Backport to Resolved
Also available in: Atom