mds: start forward scrubs from all subtree roots, skip non-auth metadata
This is the basic principle that allows scrubs across multiple MDSs: everyone takes responsibility for their own subtrees, and stops at subtree boundaries.
Modify scrub initiating commands such that instead of the input path causing us to acting on the named dentry, they act on any subtrees within the path specified. So if I had a subtree situation like this:
MDS A: /foo /foo/bar/baz
MDS B: /foo/bar
Then a scrub initiated on MDS A for path "/foo" would find both subtrees and start scrubs from the root of both, rather than just from the /foo subtree.
#5 Updated by Patrick Donnelly about 1 year ago
- Subject changed from Start forward scrubs from all subtree roots, skip non-auth metadata to mds: start forward scrubs from all subtree roots, skip non-auth metadata
- Category changed from 90 to fsck/damage handling
- Status changed from Need Review to In Progress
- Target version changed from v12.0.0 to v14.0.0
- Source changed from other to Development
- Tags set to scrub
- Backport set to mimic